Monday, April 18, 2011

Backstage Pass, hot! hot! hot!

Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1)Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I’ve loved hot rocker, metal-type guys ever since I can remember, so naturally this book appealed to me. There is a lot of sex in this book. A LOT. Somehow it never gets bored or trite. What was interesting, although the sex is all well and good, I really was interested in the characters and liked all of the characters. Probably the first time I have read a book like this and been more interested in the characters, what they were going to do next and how they would resolve their issues, than all the hot sex! I could not put this book down.



I loved Myrna and Brian. Also, loved the other Sinners. Although there are a lot of characters, the writer does an excellent job of giving them all a separate and distinct personality so you don’t feel like they are all just lumped in together. The parts about the band, touring and the concerts also could have been cheesy, but the writer does such a great job they aren’t. It comes across as real, believable – and fun! I also liked that she doesn’t try to sugar-coat and romanticize these guys. They’re rock stars, they’re horndogs, not chaste Prince Charmings. She manages to convey this without being disgusting. They guys are all amusing and likeable. Definitely looking forward to reading more books by this author.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment