Monday, April 11, 2011

Sweet Persuasion (Sweet, #2)Sweet Persuasion by Maya Banks

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm conflicted on this one. I enjoyed Maya Banks' short story in Four Play, which is why I picked this book up.



It starts off sort of like BDSM-lite. Damon is a little too over-the-top concerned and lovey-dovey for a Dom. The conflict seems overly manufactured, especially towards the end.



However, after lulling you into this sort of watered down fantasy relationship, there's a rather brutal belt whipping scene towards the end that was quite unpleasant given the rest of the story.



I enjoyed the friendship between the three women (I didn't realize this was actually book #2 in a series) but found some of their dialog (especially Julie's) to be kind of forced. There were also these strange short bits involving the friends that were not interesting, and did not move this story along (although I understand they were to set up the next book).



I had a hard time buying the HEA ending since both characters came from such different perspectives and I never felt like they actually resolved their different ideas of what their relationship should be.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment