Some of my favorite authors advise to “write every day” to be sucessful.  You know “put your butt in the chair.”  So every night I usually sit with my lap top.  But I find it’s hard to just force writing or it comes out crappy.  I usually need to be inspired or have a “flow” I am following.  Unfortunately, this means I don’t get a lot of writing done.  I do a lot of staring at my computer screen.  A lot of reviewing what I have already written.  And I think…a lot.
I do a lot of driving for my “day job”.  While sometimes I find it annoying, I find myself rushing from place to place a lot.  I also find it a nice time to just let my mind wander and think.  Think about the story currently kicking around my brain.  Imagine it unfolding, working through plot points I have gotten stuck on.  I think I come up with some great stuff.  By the time I get home, and take care of things and sit down to write though, it’s gone.
So, I am hoping maybe by writing this blog, it will start to get my in the frame of mind to write.  Get the creative juices flowing.
What works for you?