Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Finding Inspiration

I do my best writing at night. Late at night. I seem to have trouble settling down to actually write until midnight to 2 a.m. The internet is of course a huge distraction.

I tend to have a couple of things "in play" at any given time. Right now I have four story ideas going. All of them are outlined. One I have about 86 pages finished, and I am really pushing and trying to focus on finishing this one. I like the characters a lot. I like the journey they take together. Another one (which was actually the first story I started in this group) has about 24 pages. I have an idea of where I want to go with it. The other two are maybe a couple of pages each.

Like I said, I have multiple things going at once. I'll come up with an idea. Little things inspire me. Things that happen to me during the day, and I say "what if..." But, I have never actually finished anything. I'm very focused right now I finishing this one story since I am so close. Naturally the closer I get to finishing it, the harder it is to find inspiration. I have all the "key" scenes and conflicts down, but now I want to weave them together so it flows smoothly.

Music is inspiring sometimes. Even though it tends to be a distraction, the internet can also be very helpful for ideas and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment